Translate

Friday 11 August 2017

Thursday night and Friday at Mira and Aguedo

After taking a little quiet time to write my Thursday blog post, Becky and I went downstairs and once again the bottle of wine was opened, and the talk and laughter around the table began.  I think I have enjoyed more wine in the last three days than in the previous three years.

At around 9:00 Lourdes served a Caldo Verde,  which was a rich soup of carrots, potatoes, sausage, and loads of Kale.  It was absolutely wonderful.  Exhausted, we fell into bed at around 11:30.

This morning I woke early, and while everyone was still sleeping I went across the street to the cafe circa Duplo (double espresso) before I headed out on a 4km walk along my favourite path.  Today I noticed that the path was lined with wild black raspberries.  All along my walk today I repeatedly stopped to fill my hand once again with this sweet wild treat.





When I returned to the house, I sat with Lourdes and had coffee, figs, and some other fresh fruit.  Today's plan is to visit the Mercado here in Mira, and then Becky and I are going to drive to Aguedo and do a self-designed walking tour.

Following breakfast we loaded into the car and went to Portomar for the Mercado.  I was immediately put in mind of so many great markets in Mexico and South and Central America.  I quickly bought a kilo of Chorico picante and a huge Quesjo flamenco.










After that,  we began finding interesting gifts for family back at home.  



No comments:

Post a Comment